Food & Nutrition
Did You Know?
- Food & Nutrition provides food services to patients,
employees and the community.
- Food & Nutrition dietitians provide nutrition therapy to
inpatients, outpatients and the community at large.
Food & Nutrition in the Community
- Every month staff gives back to the community by
participating in community events. Some of these events
include Make a Wish Foundation, KidSAFE, Joplin Tornado
Relief, Foodshare, Book Drive, Coat Drive, Shoe Drive (Soles
for Souls), Humane Society Donations, Adopt a Family for
Christmas and ADA Walk.
- Quarterly, department staff participates in team outings
which include bowling, movies and Rock Cats games.
- Food & Nutrition serves: 28,912 pounds of
potatoes a year, 14,300 pounds of lettuce a year and
a whopping 343,200 slices of bacon a year!