Lyman Maynard Stowe Library
Meet the Department
Evelyn Morgen, Director
- Collection Management
- Computer Education Center
- EFTS (International ILL Billing)
- Hartford Medical Society Historical Library
- Information and Education Services
- Interlibrary Loan
- Network Systems
Did You Know?
- You can explore the future by clicking on
pre-publication issues of our e-journals – or delve into the
1800’s. We have an excellent collection of 19th Century
pamphlets on the discovery of anesthesia PLUS current drug
databases you can download to your iPhone or Blackberry.
- The library has both a
Facebook and a
- Our most popular databases are PubMed, UpToDate,
MicroMedex, and AccessMedicine
Lyman Maynard Stowe Library in the Community
- Our department participates in a variety of community
organizations including the Farmington Valley Chorale, Noah
Webster House, West Hartford Historical Society, Hartford
Seminary, Girl Scouts, Boys and Girls Club, animal rights
groups, local churches, and local libraries and museums.
- Kumusta! Cześć!-Our staff comes from all over the world,
including Beijing, Eastern Europe and the Philippines, and
speaks a variety of languages, such as Chinese, French, Italian,
Polish and Tagalog.
- LMSL’s Got Talent! We have a stained glass maker,
traditional rug hooker, hand bells player, avid gardeners,
musicians, dancers, and knitters.
Bottom left to right: Evelyn
Morgen, Jessica Kilham, Ben Smith, Helen Madden,
Alberta Richetelle Center left to right: Jola
Sliwinski, Madeleine Scricca, Judy Kronick, Mary
Petruzzi, Sheryl Bai, Helena Krasij, Lorna Wright,
Hongjie Wang Top left to right: Lucy Piechowski,
Dorothy Kalahan, Jackie Lewis, Kathleen Crea, Jenny
Miglus, Jim Symolon
|Photo by Stephanie Rauch
- Check THIS out ... Our cataloged
items include two cases of glass eyes (one
blue/green and one brown), human skulls and diseased
- Burning the midnight oil ... We
average about 160 website hits per hour between 1
and 4 a.m.
- Come on in! ... Last year we had
over 1 million in person and electronic visits to
- You’ve got questions; we’ve got answers … Our
staff answered over 140,000questions in 2011.
- Charge it ... EFTS (our
international interlibrary loan billing program)
processed $415K in transactions last year.