Spotlight on Office of Diversity & Equity
Office of Diversity and Equity
|Photo by Andrew Warren
- That's heavy ... our office
tracks and reports on over 700 employment
transactions for the affirmative action plan
documents that fills five binders, weighing over 56
- Next in line ... we consult with
over 1,000 people a year regarding the various
services we provide.
- A breath of fresh air ...
because of the talents of our resident award winning
gardener, our work area is full of beautiful, oxygen
Meet the Department
- Carolyn Lyle, Former Executive Director
- Bob Camilleri, EEO Complaint Specialist
- Janet Keener, EEO Complaint Specialist
- Terry Segar, Personnel Specialist
- Rhonda Seymour, Systems Coordinator
- Cheryl Sinker, Administrative Program Assistant
Did You Know?
- We serve as a resource to the UConn Health community through
diversity strategic planning, affirmative action planning,
equal employment opportunity, and non-discriminatory policy
consultation and enforcement.
- We offer training and presentations, sponsor special
events, assist in the processing and implementation of
reasonable accommodations for employees needing assistance,
and investigate possible violations of established policies.
- Our office reports directly to the Office of Diversity
and Equity on the UConn Storrs campus and all investigations
are channeled through the main campus.
Office of Diversity & Equity in the Community
- Our office established the Diversity Allies Employee
Committee (formerly known as the Historical Recognition
Committee) which organizes a variety of cultural events at
the Health Center, providing UConn Health with opportunities to
learn about the vast array of exciting differences among our
employees and students.
- We may be small in number, but our office stays active in a
variety of activities outside of UConn Health, donating time at American
School for the Deaf, Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure, Juvenile
Diabetes Research Fund, and Habitat for Humanity, as well as a
community church, soup kitchen and homeless shelter.
- Our ranks also include a middle school boys basketball coach
and a member of the Urban League Workforce Development
- Our staff boasts an avid gardener who has won local
gardening awards and a bilingual Spanish/English speaker.