Student Services Center
Meet the Department
- Robin Frank, Director
- Christine Brackbill-Financial Aid Counselor
- Swapna Das, Assistant Registrar
- Andrea Devereux, Financial Aid Offiicer
- Janice Gilkes, Registrar
- Lisa Francini, Student Affairs Officer
- Dorothy Linnhoff, Financial Aid/Registrar
Did You Know?
- The Student Services Center staff works with students in
the Graduate School, School of Dental Medicine and School of
Medicine in the areas of financial aid, records and
registration, student health plan, and student affairs.
- Ms. Robin Frank, the new director of Student Services,
just began work at UConn Health in July 2010. She looks forward to
meeting with students, faculty and staff to find out how
Student Services is doing! You can email
Robin, call her at
860-679-8765 or feel free to stop by her office in LM035.
- Our staff has been on the move! You can now find the
Student Services Center Staff in the following locations:
Records and Registration, LM039; Student Affairs Officer,
AM016; and Financial Aid and Student Health Plan, LM035.
Student Services Center in the Community
- In conjunction with the admissions staff for
the three schools, the Student Services Center
sponsored a UConn Health food drive in 2009 to benefit
Connecticut Food Bank and FoodShare. The drive
raised nearly 1,700 pounds of food!
- Outside UConn Health, we volunteer for
American Cancer Society Relay For Life events
throughout the state of Connecticut; Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure; Committee for Equity in
Retirement; Financial Aid Night for local high
schools; and the GE 5K Road Race to benefit the
Petit Family Foundation.
- Within UConn Health our staff serves as volunteers
for the UConn Health Auxiliary; the UHP Scholarship
Committee; the AFT Convention (delegate); Take
Your Child to Work Day; the Service Recognition
Committee; the Health, Safety and Environment
Fair Committee, the Clean the Air Smoke-Free
Oversight Committee; and the Chair of the
- We enjoy cake baking/decorating, kayaking, cooking, wines,
travel, gardening, camping, entertaining and party planning,
fitness and exercise, and running marathons.
- Our department has great potlucks that allow us to share our
selves and our diverse cultural backgrounds through good food
- Our staff includes proud moms with a total of nine children,
ranging in age from toddler to graduate student.
Bottom left to right: Swapna Das,
Janice Gilkes, Lisa Francini; Top left to right:
Robin Frank, Dorothy Linnhoff and Christine
|Photo by Stephanie Rauch
- A friendly rivalry ... Our staff
gets along quite well, even though we are spilt down
the middle between die hard Yankees and Red Sox’s
- It’s official ... The Registrar’s
Office processes over 2,000 transcripts and degree
verifications per year.
- Walk this way ... Nearly 100% of
our staff walks at UConn Health for exercise.
- Check, please! ... The Financial
Aid Office awards over $20M in financial assistance
to eligible students in the form of grants,
scholarships and loans each year. On average, 90%
of Medical and Dental students receive some type of
- We’re stuffed! ... In preparation
for the 2010 graduation ceremony, we stuffed 1,600